CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Little Direction in the Fog


First, I am getting excited to be in Kelsey's wedding in July...woo!

Second, exciting news friends! I have officially decided that I want to be a teacher when I grow up (which hopefully will be soon, since I only have 3 months of school left!)! I am really excited to finally have some sort of direction...although that's as far as the direction goes :) I have no idea where I will teach, or what age group (hopefully either community college or university level, but maybe high school too), or how I am going to find said job in this fabulous economy, but I am so ok with that! Over the last several years I have seen so clearly how God has kept me exactly where He wanted me to be, regardless if it made sense to me or not. And because of this I can have faith that this will continue as I start to discern what is coming in the future. At this point I am looking into every possiblity I can. There are a few job postings at community colleges in California that I am going to apply for, as well as some contacts at Linn-Benton Community College in Albany. I am also going to send resumes to a few private high schools in Oregon and see where that gets me. I am so thankful for a little direction in the fog that is my future and looking forward to what is going to happen over the next few months. Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

God is good to show you, in His time, what He's called you to do. I can see it! congratulations and I look forward to more insight as the time gets closer.

Paul and Ashley Hynes said...

We should talk my friend. Paul has some practices in Corvallis this week, perhaps a coffe date? New Morning worked out well like a year ago, time to go again? I know we will be in on Tuesday...does that work for you?